Monday, October 11, 2010

What? I have a blog?

Oh, right that thing! Thanks to those of you who prodded me. :)

It's been a busy week... and the blog is one of several unfortunate victims of my neglect. The other might be my liver.

I think I mentioned I went on a trip to Canberra a couple weekends ago. More about that trip later though! What prompted the trip began a mysterious message in the sky. (See figures 1, 2, and 3 below :P )

It was a sunny day at the end of August, and my friend Zach and I were wandering the city when we noticed the skywriter... We were convinced that the skywriter was dyslexic and was trying to write "FLORIDA" but had made a mistake and then decided to tack an "E" to the end of it just to cover it up. I'd made a mental note to go home and google it but of course I forgot. Is it strange that I still wait to google things at home, even though I have internet access on my phone? Sometimes I think internet-enabled phones take the mystery and adventure out of life...

Anyway I digress. Later, in two separate conversations with different colleagues, I learned about a tulip festival in Canberra. ("Oh, a tulip festival? Are they your favourite flower?" *glazed-eye-look*) It was my second colleague who told me that the tulip festival that she went to was called Floriade, and then began to convince me how interesting this festival was. And so, that is the story of why I went to Canberra.




Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Hey I decide to continue my travel. Not much luck on finding a regular job here...too much competition...even for coffee shop.

    Anyways, it seems like you are having a good time in Australia! Enjoy! The weather in London is getting ugly now!

    ReplyDelete