Well, after much thought, I decided to start a photoblog chronicling life on the other side of the world. For those of you who know my history with blogging, you'll bet I can't keep this up for longer than a couple months. Well, let's see if I can prove you (and myself) wrong!
In my most ambitious blog undertaking yet, I formally present my Picture-a-day blog! Perhaps, like diets and gym routines, if I tell enough people about this and if I nominate you readers as my personal trainers to prod at me, I will actually follow through with this one. So, your encouragement is appreciated!
Enough with the intro and on with the pictures!
First day in Auckland, New Zealand

The one thing that sold me on stopping over in Auckland on my way to Sydney was that Auckland had a SkyTower that you could base jump from. Wandering downtown today, I spotted someone doing this controlled speed base jump - if you look carefully you can see how she is attached to a horizontal rope that is guided down a pair of ropes running vertically down the skytower. Somehow the controlled speed didn't make it look very impressive in person! I think I'd rather do a zipline...
In my most ambitious blog undertaking yet, I formally present my Picture-a-day blog! Perhaps, like diets and gym routines, if I tell enough people about this and if I nominate you readers as my personal trainers to prod at me, I will actually follow through with this one. So, your encouragement is appreciated!
Enough with the intro and on with the pictures!
First day in Auckland, New Zealand
The one thing that sold me on stopping over in Auckland on my way to Sydney was that Auckland had a SkyTower that you could base jump from. Wandering downtown today, I spotted someone doing this controlled speed base jump - if you look carefully you can see how she is attached to a horizontal rope that is guided down a pair of ropes running vertically down the skytower. Somehow the controlled speed didn't make it look very impressive in person! I think I'd rather do a zipline...

You'd rather wait in a zipline line for 3+ hours?
ReplyDeleteYou so crazy.
that looks scary... it's angela btw.. :p
ReplyDeletethisisnotbruce: YES! but if it was free, i'd do it :P $200 NZD for a 5-second "fall" seemed a little steep to me.
ReplyDeleteBeez: I'm told it's scarier than it appears. and hi Angela ;)