Thursday, July 29, 2010

Iconic neon signs

It's been a busy week with work - on the first day of work I got an assignment with a two-week deadline. Then two days ago, it was decided the deadline would be even earlier! They sure wasted no time in putting me to good use. At least it makes the days zoom by.

This past weekend, I got to show my friends Nhung and Mai (who are visiting from Ottawa) a few of my favourite places in Sydney, with the main emphasis on shopping and eating. And although the Kings Cross neighbourhood doesn't make it onto my favourites list, a trip to Sydney would not be complete without experiencing the atmosphere of a neighbourhood characterized by its nightclubs, strip clubs, women in trashy clothing, and men posing as women in trashy clothing. Throw in some neon signs and you have Vegas, but without the casinos.

This is the icon of Kings Cross - a big neon Coke sign.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Aww, I do not recall seeing this sign :( Yum. Coke!

    ReplyDelete