Interviewed yesterday with a recruiter in the CBD (that's the Aussie term for downtown; it stands for Central Business District). He wanted to see if I was interested in a full-time permanent position, and the job sounded interesting so I figured I might as well be open to the possibility. Anyway I think it went pretty well. Especially if "well" means that the recruiter starts to ask you about about opportunities for IT recruiters in North America!? haha. Oh, the irony.
After my interview I decided to wander around the CBD a bit. Having met up with my friend Keith for dinner the night before, he tipped me off about the Queen Victoria Building, so today I decided to find out what was inside. I soon discovered that the QVB is a high-end shopping mall decked out floor-to-ceiling in ornate decorations. So this is how Sydney-siders look so stylish. Fortunately (ir is it?) my unemployment and limited luggage space are enough to deter me from going on a shopping spree...
A single picture of the place doesn't do it justice, so here I have for you three photos of the QVB!
1st: a big clock hanging from the ceiling of the 3-storey building. The ground floor is tiled in a beautiful mosaic.
2nd: stained glass windows at the street-level entrance.
3rd: wrought iron fencing and circular staircase leading to.... an attic?

No comments:
Post a Comment