Friday, May 21, 2010

Who are the people in my neighbourhood?

I decided to explore around my neighbourhood today. I'd only walked between my place and the train station since I've been here, and all I've seen of the area is a couple schools and some nice suburban character homes. Last night I asked my roommate Elisabeth whether there was anything interesting in our neighbourhood or if it was just schools, and she laughed. She told me to walk in the direction opposite of the train station and I'd see...

After a 10-minute walk towards the west, I happened upon a little suburb called Enmore. I knew from Elisabeth that there were supposed to be some shops and restaurants on Enmore Road, but I was surprised to stumble into a little theatre - not the movie kind, the live kind. A look at the posters plastered on the theatre's walls revealed that Vampire Weekend played last week, and Train of recent "Hey, Soul Sister" fame is playing next month. Who knew I lived near such a hip neighbourhood.

Walking further along Enmore Road, it became evident that Enmore is to goth/punk/emo kids as Vancouver's Commercial Drive is to vegetarians and hippies. And then there was street art! I love street art...

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment