Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Cockatoo Island - the creepy side

As I was saying again... Cockatoo Island has this unmistakeable eeriness about it - one that makes you think twice about stepping off the ferry because you wonder if you'll get off the island alive. On seeing the line of tourists and artistes waiting to board my ferry, there was some reassurance that a psychotic killer residing on the island had at least spared some of them. Okay so I exaggerate, but still, one can get some serious inspiration for writing the next Hollywood suspense thriller here.

1st: cobwebby window in an old abandoned building
2nd: a tunnel that once served as an air-raid shelter (that's what the sign said)
3rd: cryptically painted stack of wood for some industrial purpose?
4th: inside one of the art exhibition rooms, the only light to guide you back out comes from the door.




Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. it is about time to get a new heavy-duty camera steph! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that an offer?

    If so, by all means, I'll send you my address ;)
    And if not, what's wrong with my G9? :P

    ReplyDelete