Here on this island sits the biggest collection of rusted cranes and odd machinery that I have ever seen. The rusted machinery and old abandoned buildings lend the island a sort of eerieness one might get from watching a suspense thriller movie. Well, as you might have guessed, I was just as fascinated by the rusted machinery as I was by some of the art.
Monday, June 28, 2010
Cockatoo Island - the industrial side
As I was saying yesterday, Cockatoo Island is fascinating in so many ways. Probably because it was historically used as a prison, an industrial school, a boys and girls reformatory, and a shipyard. Nowadays it's used as a campground, a weak excuse for a tourist attraction, and a neat space to display contemporary art.
Here on this island sits the biggest collection of rusted cranes and odd machinery that I have ever seen. The rusted machinery and old abandoned buildings lend the island a sort of eerieness one might get from watching a suspense thriller movie. Well, as you might have guessed, I was just as fascinated by the rusted machinery as I was by some of the art.



Here on this island sits the biggest collection of rusted cranes and odd machinery that I have ever seen. The rusted machinery and old abandoned buildings lend the island a sort of eerieness one might get from watching a suspense thriller movie. Well, as you might have guessed, I was just as fascinated by the rusted machinery as I was by some of the art.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment